Here are some quotes you should remember when you are overthinking...
1. Before you talk, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try!
2. You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.
3. Don’t ruin a new day by thinking about yesterday. Let it go.
4. Overthinking is the biggest cause of unhappiness.
5. Dear mind, please stop thinking so much at night. I need sleep.
6. Stop overthinking. You can’t control everything, just let it be.
7. Worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn’t get you anywhere.
8. There is nothing in this world that can trouble you as much as your own thoughts.
9. Overthinking – the art of creating problems that weren’t even there.
10. Stop worrying about what can go wrong, and get excited about what can go right.
9 tips that will help you with overthinking:
Overthinking is like a disease, it only gets worse with time if left untreated. I've been doing a lot of things to make sure my mind stays at peace and the overthinking stays at a minimum. But I'm still learning and I wanted to share what I've learned so far with all of you guys, because I know a LOT of you are suffering from this. Let's begin.
1. Accept the fact that you overthink and it's bad
The first step to recovery is actually admitting the problem and accepting it as a whole. You need to stop telling yourself that it's okay to overthink, because it's not. And you also need to establish it very clearly in your mind that overthinking is bad and harmful for you and it can damage you and the people around you. When one small thought crosses your mind, you're going to take it to another thought and you'll pretty soon find yourself in a maze of thoughts and you wouldn't know where to stop - I call this the "Limbo of Thoughts" and we all have been there at least once in our lives.
I'll take you guys through what personally happened with me when I was an excessive overthinker. I used to start thinking about one problem, that one problem used to remind me of other problems and I'd start linking them together. From those links, I'd find very old problems that had died down months ago and I would connect them with my current problems. In the end, I'd spent hours thinking about something that wasn't really that big of a deal to begin with but now it is. That's how I damaged myself and the people who cared for me. And that's what I want you guys to save yourselves from. So first things first, admit the problem and SEE it as a problem and not a positive feature. Overthinking is NOT the same as thinking wisely.
2. Go easy on your mind
Your mind is the most powerful part of you, it is what defines you and shapes you into who you are, it is what develops your personality and the way you are perceived by people, your mind is your control centre and you can't overuse it and heat it up by overthinking. Go easy on your mind. Whenever a negative thought starts coming up in your head, fight it with all of the happy moments you can think of. Just don't let that first dark thought come to fruition. - Continue reading on the next page