Here are ten warning signs to know when you’re settling for less than you deserve:
- You always seem to find yourself coming up with excuses for their bad behavior, in front of your friends and family. Your friends and family are the people who really love you, the people who are only trying to look out for you at all times, and to protect you from relationships that aren’t worth your time. But no matter what they tell you, no matter how much they explain, you just can’t stop yourself. You know he/she is always behaving badly. Your friends and family know that they’re always behaving badly. But you still keep on excusing them with things like “They’re just having a bad day” or “That’s just how they get when they’re sleepy”. If the relationship is right for you, you shouldn’t ever have to look for excuses for how they behave and what they say.
- None of your friends like them. This is always a big red flag. Your friends know what you need in life and if someone was truly making you happy, your friends would love them and even make you feel jealous about how well they can get along.
- They’re always too busy for you! Okay, I get it. Everyone has a life outside of their relationship. Everyone has work, deadlines, and things to do, people to meet. We all get busy at one point or the other. But if you really want to make time for something, nothing in the world will be able to stop you. It won’t matter how busy you are. If you care, you will make time.
- They don’t have any goals or dreams in life. This doesn’t mean that your significant other should dream of being President one day or the richest person on this planet, but they should always some sense of direction in life, a purpose, a thing that they’re really passionate about. This purpose, these goals, and these tiny obsessions are what make a person interesting.
- You always feel like you’re an option to them, and not a priority. They always choose to meet you on their own terms and conditions. And even when you’re together, you feel like they’re distracted, like they’re not really paying attention, and like they’d rather be somewhere else. - Continue reading on next page