All the movies we watch, the romantic novels we read and the love stories we’ve heard lead us into believing that love should be something magnificent, something big. So we set out to search for it in grand romantic gestures. We look out for it in wild and open declarations of love. And we hope to find some sort of proof just staring us in the face that we’re the only one they’ll ever want. And in this unreasonable quest, we forget to find love and happiness in the small things, the things that actually matter and the things that are the real proof of how much you mean to this person.
So if you really want to be sure of whether your partner loves you, stop waiting for your life to start looking like a movie and look out for these small signs of true love:
- Their behavior around you is the same as their behavior around their friends.
- When you’re sick or busy or just not able to function properly for any reason, they’ll go above and beyond just to take care of you, to make sure you’ve had your complete meals and to take some load off you in any way possible. And everything they’ll do will be from the heart. They won’t do it as some sort of unwanted obligation.
- If they feel like you’re being irrational about something, they won’t be scared to stop you from it. And they’ll do it because they really care, and without passing any judgement.
- They don’t start panicking and going crazy if you forget to reply to a text or a call. They understand that you can be busy at times and that doesn’t leave them feeling insecure.
- But that doesn’t mean they’ll keep waiting for you to text or call first. If they really want to talk, they’ll let you know through a simple ‘I miss you’ without letting their ego come in the way.
- You’re surprised at how they always remember every single thing you’ve told them, whether it’s to wish you good luck about the meeting you mentioned weeks ago or to know when your grandmother’s birthday is.
- They’ll bring you your favorite chocolate every time they take a trip to the store. Why? No reason. They just like seeing the excitement on your face.
- They respect the fact that you don’t need to spend every waking minute of your life together just because you’re a couple. They always know when to give you your complete personal space and alone time.
- If they’ve done something wrong, they’re strong enough to accept their mistake and give you a sincere apology. You won’t feel like they’re giving you a half-hearted sorry just to get it over with.
- They ask you for permission before stealing one of your fries but you know they’ll never question you when you steal one of theirs without asking.
- If a big opportunity comes up in your life which can potentially affect your relationship negatively, they won’t just straight out stop you from doing it. They’ll work with you to reach a mid-way that can keep both of you happy and content. This is how you learn to compromise. Similarly, if something big happens in their life, they’ll always consult you to work around it.
- They know the chore you hate doing so they’ll just agree to do it themselves (without letting you know how much they hate it too) Continue reading to next page