- Constantly missing your loved one
It’s not something you can control, not even something that happens rarely. It’s just a constant feeling of emptiness in your heart.
- Birthdays and holidays are especially hard
You never knew a birthday or holiday could ever be this sad. Or even this happy on the holidays when one of you decides it’s time for a surprise visit.
- Poor internet connection drives you insane on the regular
When the internet works perfectly the entire day, when the skype call doesn’t drop even once in the entire hour, when the video on facetime is so clear that you feel they’re right in front of you - these are the days you live for now.
- But you know it’s worth it, because talking to them makes your day
Hearing their voice for just a minute or getting an unexpected text to tell you how much they love you - it’s enough to keep you smiling the entire day
- Sometimes, random things trigger up memories of them that make you smile (or cry..)
Okay maybe not sometimes and maybe it’s not even that random. You find yourself going through old pictures, the gifts that they gave you on your birthday, smelling their shirt that you wear every night to bed, anything just to feel a little closer...
- Flying out to see each other is not always that easy
You save up for months. You spend hours trying to search for the cheapest flight. And you leave behind all your work and responsibilities for a little while. Because no matter how hard it is, it will always be worth it!
- But when you manage to put together a plan, it’s the most exciting thing in the world
All the days of waiting, of desperately wanting to see them, to hold them in your arms and to feel their heart beating right next to yours are finally coming to an end!
- Counting down the days becomes your favorite activity and gives you a jolt of happiness everyday
Exactly 1 week, 5 hours and 22 minutes left!!!
- The day you get to the airport is the best day ever
You couldn’t sleep all night from the excitement and you’re not the kind of person who can function without a good night’s sleep but somehow, the thought of going to the airport has managed to keep you more fresh and happy than you can even remember.
- When you finally see that special someone, no words can describe your joy
And you run like an idiot towards them, not caring about how crazy you might look, not caring about all the people around you and not even caring if you fall down.
- Having been apart makes you appreciate every moment you have together
Even a simple trip to the grocery store feels like the biggest adventure when you’re with them. But that doesn’t mean you’ll stop there. You fill this one week with every possible thing you can think of. You go dancing. You go on candle light dinners. You go to the movies. You play in the snow. And you make sure that you’ll leave with memories to last you another 5 months.
- Everything is so comfortable that sometimes it feels like you were never apart
It never matters if you’re meeting after a month, two months or even a year. The places you visit are completely new, you meet different people, and even your partner has changed a bit since the last time you saw them but everything still feels like home.
- The night before they have to leave again is the toughest
You stop yourself from begging them not to leave, from begging them to stay with you forever, from begging them to just stay in this moment for a lifetime to come…
- But it’s okay because you know that distance means so little when someone means so much
You stop yourself because you know it won’t be fair to them. You stop yourself because you know that you love them enough to handle the distance. And you stop yourself because the only thing that really matters is that they’re connected to you through heart and soul.
- Until you see each other again soon
And all the time you spent together starts feeling like a dream again…
Image Credits: Stylish Wanderers