A lot of us are always going to want slimmer and trimmer figures because of the many benefits that come with it. And these benefits aren’t always going to be just physical ones. Sure, one of the greatest perks of being slim and fit is that you look great. But that’s only the tip of the iceberg. When you have a fit and healthy lifestyle overall, you just feel better about yourself. Being slim and fit can do wonders for your self-esteem.
You really do have a different kind of confidence when you’re just comfortable with the way that you look. You are less prone to depression, stress, and anxiety when you are happy with your waistline. And on top of that, being slimmer and fitter means that you are less likely to expose yourself to potentially life-threatening heart diseases.
But it’s so hard to keep those unwanted fats away. Even a bad few decisions that you can make in a week can really add up to a few inches around your waistline. And that’s unfortunate. It’s much easier to gain weight than it is to lose weight even when you’re on a very strict diet – or is it?
Actually, you just might need to make a few adjustments to your daily habits. Remember that it’s all about the little things so you really have to pay attention to the smallest details. When you do these good habits day in and day out in a religious manner, your good deeds are definitely going to add up. And before you know it, you will have lost a few pounds. That’s something that you can ALWAYS be proud of. Here are a few secrets to losing weight without having to resort to strict diets.
1. You don’t necessarily have to cut back so much on the amount of food that you’ve been eating. Maybe you just need to be eating better food that can actually HELP you lose weight. Try eating more spicy food. For one, eating spicy food is going to make you crave for more water as you eat. That means you feel fuller even with fewer bites because of the increased water consumption. But also, there is a compound in spicy food called Capsaicin which actually helps decrease the body’s appetite.
2. Use a hair dryer to heat specific parts of the body. Not a lot of people actually know this but a lot of what makes you heavier is the amount of water that you store in your body as a result of excessive consumption. And if you want to be able to melt away those extra pounds, sometimes, it’s just a matter of sweating it all out. Try putting a hairdryer to specific parts of your body that you would want to lighten. It’s not a sustainable form of losing weight. But it’s great for the short-term; for example, you would just want to fit into a skinny dress for a night.
3. Be more conscious of your choice of plates. You might not think that the kind of plate that you eat out of is going to matter much on your weight loss journey, but it actually does. The fuller your plate is going to be, the fuller you’re going to feel after you’re done eating. That’s why if you give yourself the illusion that your small plate is FULL of food, then you trick yourself into believing that you’ve actually eaten a big meal.
4. Eat more cinnamon. Cinnamon is not only delicious and aromatic, but it’s also good for you. It has been found out that cinnamon is actually very helpful in decreasing a person’s appetite so that it helps curb unnecessary eating. In addition to that, cinnamon is also proven to help increase metabolism in the body. And the higher the metabolism that you have, the more fats that you are burning even while you’re at rest.
5. Do more aerobic and anaerobic exercise. You might not realize this but losing weight is simply a matter of taking in fewer calories than you’re using every day. If you USE more calories than you take in, you’re going to burn fat. And how do you use up those calories? With physical activity. Lose weight more efficiently by actually doing more and being active. This way, you get an excuse to maintain your big appetite while still losing weight in the process.
6. Surround yourself with fit and healthy people. If you are constantly around people who are conscious about their food intake, chances are that you’re going to turn out the same as well.
7. Sleep better. Most of the calories that you burn during a 24-hour cycle are when you sleep. If you have terrible sleeping patterns, it can really mess up your body’s metabolism.