It can be a really crappy experience to go through if you’re only just finding out that your girlfriend has actually cheated on you. No one ever likes to get cheated on. No one ever wants to go through the feeling of being betrayed by someone they love. No one wants to be made a fool out of in a relationship.
That’s why cheating can really break a person on an emotional level. However, there’s a particular kind of cheating that REALLY stings. Imagine having your girlfriend cheat on you and discovering later on that the guy she cheated on you with is your best friend.
Granted, you might not think that this would ever happen to you. You trust your best friend. You trust your girlfriend. You would never assume that they would ever be sneaking around behind your back to hurt you. However, you should know that this happens way more often than people typically think.
Sometimes, these affairs can go on for a really long time without anyone really knowing anything about it. However, most of the time, these affairs always end up surfacing and the truth always finds a way to reveal itself. You might even find yourself in the awkward position of actually catching your best friend and your girlfriend in the act of cheating on you. And that’s a different kind of pain and emotional trauma altogether.
But it isn’t always going to be that obvious. You aren’t always going to be able to catch them in the act should something fishy REALLY be going on. Remember that a lot of the cheaters these days are really good at covering their tracks. That is why you always have to be staying on top of everything in your relationship.
If you are getting the sense that there’s something fishy going on between your partner and your best friend, then you need to do some extra detective work. You don’t want to be confronting either of them without proof or evidence. You just have to make sure that you are monitoring the situation.
Keep an eye out for any clues or signals. Analyze the situation as a whole and always be paying attention to all of the little details. Once you have all the pieces of the puzzle in order, then that’s when it would be appropriate for you to be spewing out accusations left and right. If a lot of the signs that are listed here actually apply to your relationship, then that should be the time for you to worry.
- She’s always coming home really late at night and you can’t seem to get a hold of her whenever she’s not around. Oddly enough, you can’t seem to grab a hold of your best friend during that time either.
- You notice that she’s wearing a shirt on that isn’t hers. And you also happen to notice that you’ve seen that same shirt on your best friend before. This has got to be more than just a coincidence.
- You get a chance to browse at her call log and her messaging history. You see that her phone has been calling a particular number a lot – your best friend’s cell phone number to be exact.
- She expresses that she doesn’t really have too much time to spend on you anymore. She says that she’s busy with work and other projects. And weirdly enough, your best friend starts telling you that he’s been really busy as well.
- You notice that your girlfriend gets all nervous and fidgety whenever you mention your best friend’s name. And also, you notice that your best friend acts the same way whenever you mention your girlfriend’s name.
- Your girlfriend never seems to be in the mood to have sex with you anymore. She is always telling you that she’s tired or distracted. And on the other side of the fence, your best friend keeps telling you that he’s been getting so much action.
- You notice that she has been trying to start a lot of fights and arguments with you lately. It’s as if she’s trying to push you farther and farther away.
- She suddenly starts encouraging you to spend more time with other friends. She might even suggest that you go out and make some new friends of your own. She does this so she can keep you distracted.
- You notice that a lot of your shared social circles and mutual friends are acting strange whenever you’re around. You get the sense that they just know something that you don’t.
- You happen to catch them both getting tangled up in their own complicated web of lies. It’s only a matter of time before one of them slips up anyway.