Do you love yourself? You should.
Being single can be really tough especially when all of your friends seem to be getting into relationships; some of them are even getting married. Perhaps love just hasn’t come your way in the form of your relationship and you’re feeling a little left out. Or maybe you’re just not into the whole romance thing but you still can’t help but feel excluded whenever you see that you are the anomaly in the world of couples. Being in a relationship is great, as you must have probably already been told. But perhaps it’s just not in the cards for you at this moment and that’s fine.
There’s no reason to feel bad about being single. There are so many advantages to the single life that your friends in relationships are jealous of. There are plenty of reasons for you to feel happy; the most important of which is that you get to reserve all of your love for yourself. There’s nothing wrong with choosing to love yourself. And just in case you needed a reminder, here are a few ways with which you can practice expressing your love for yourself.
1. You can love yourself by taking care of your body. You can love your body by nourishing it and treating it like a temple. Don’t put any harmful junk and toxins into your body. Strengthen it by exercising regularly and by constantly pushing it to its limits.
2. Aside from nourishing your body, you must also nourish your soul. Do things that make you feel that life is actually worth living. Immerse yourself in art, culture, and other creative forms of expression that enrich human existence. Consume positive thoughts and let optimism radiate from your being.
3. Pay a visit to your doctor and just get yourself checked. Remember that you really have to be mindful of the things that are going on inside of your body and it’s always best to get medical advice from trained professionals.
4. Stop looking at other people and how happy they are. You should get to define your own standard of happiness. And your happiness shouldn’t be dependent on how other people are pursuing their own happiness.
5. Take some time to just relax and disconnect every once in a while. It’s good that you’re hardworking and you’re driven but your sheer focus can sometimes deprive you from the beautifully simple things that life has to offer you. As they say, take some time to just stop and smell the roses.
6. Stop letting the idea of money, awards, and recognitions define how you perceive success. Remember that you should be placing more premium in developing your skills, talents, and your personality. There are plenty of people who are considered successful just because they had success thrust upon them like a gift. Don’t be so discouraged at the fact that you have to work hard to earn everything that you want.
7. Life is always going to be a journey of constant self-development. You should always be trying your best to better yourself and to become a more holistic person overall. However, that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t love the person that you currently are. Appreciate who you are at this very moment and be content with that for a bit.
8. Moments of weakness are permissible. You don’t always have to be putting on a faГ§ade of strength if you are feeling vulnerable. It’s okay to let the human side of you take over every now and then.
9. Don’t ever talk yourself down. Stop being your harshest critic. Lift yourself up with your resilience and confidence. You have enough challenges as it is. You don’t have to add to them by being a downer.
10. Stop allowing yourself to be controlled by media and marketing. Learn to think for yourself and develop your own opinions. Make your own life choices and be the own boss of your own life. Don’t let anyone else define your self-worth for you.
11. Remind yourself that you are good enough to be in this world and to exist in this life. Be your own motivation. Remember that the best kind of motivation is always intrinsic. You can’t always be looking to the outside for motivation. You can be your greatest motivator.
12. Stop being so tolerant of things that don’t add value to your life. You don’t have to put up with any toxic people or toxic activities. It’s okay for you to cut ties with those who only bring you down. It’s okay for you to burn a few bridges here and there. It’s okay for you to selective with regards to the people you surround yourself with.
13. There is too much hate in the world as it is. Don’t add to it. Be a beacon of kindness, love, and compassion.
14. Really believe in yourself. You should always be your own biggest fan.
Talk to me
Do you love yourself? Tell me about it in the comments below!