Breakups are always going to be really difficult. There are so many emotions that you need to be making sense of and that isn’t the easiest thing in the world. When you’re going through a breakup, it can be very easy to get lost in all your emotions. You can let your feelings get the best of you and you end up getting carried away with the things you do and the words you say. However, that can prove to be particularly damning whenever you’re still hoping to get back together with your ex.
Love is never really dead between two people. There is always a chance for a couple that has broken up to get back together. That’s just the nature of love and relationships. It’s incredibly dynamic and nothing is ever really set in stone.
However, if you’re genuinely interested in eventually rekindling the fire with your ex, you’re going to want to improve your chances by making your breakup as amicable as possible. Always conduct yourself with grace and poise even when your emotions are eating away at you. Don’t be the “crazy ex” that your ex tells all their friends about.
If you want to know about the things that you should avoid doing after a breakup, then you should really read on until the end of this article. Here are 15 things that you shouldn’t do if you’re itching to get back together with your ex.
1. Stop making up some pretty weird reasons to get in touch with them. After your breakup, it would be better for you to give your partner some space rather than forcing the issue with them.
2. Don’t try to manufacture weird scenarios or situations wherein the two of you run into each other. You need to give each other some time and space to breathe and be on your own for a while.
3. Refrain from trying to take ownership of all your former shared spots and places. Just because you used to go to a coffee shop all the time in the past doesn’t mean that only you get to go there in the future.
4. Don’t try to act vengefully. Vengeance isn’t a good look on anyone. It’s only going t make you come off as petty and immature. And you don’t want that. Maintain some sense of dignity.
5. No matter how angry you might be, always be respectful of any objects or items your ex may leave behind in your place. Take care of them as if they were your own. Don’t be all crazy by throwing them out or worse – burning them.
6. Stop reaching out to your ex’s friends for the sole purpose of asking them about what your ex has been up to. It goes to show that you’re really desperate and that’s never a good look to have when you’re trying to maintain your dignity.
7. If you shouldn’t be contacting your ex’s friends, then you sure as hell shouldn’t be contacting your ex’s parents either. That is a blatant breach of boundaries and you don’t want that.
8. Stop always trying to apologize for how everything turned out between the two of you. You shouldn’t feel so guilty about the sad affairs of your relationship. You’re only going to come off as pathetic and self-deprecating by always asking for forgiveness.
9. Refrain from having any emotional outbursts. You always want to make sure that you are keeping everything together. You can’t let your feelings get the better of you. You have to try to be the master of your own feelings before you can work on winning your ex back.
10. Stalking is always a big no-no. It’s so easy to become a stalker these days in the age of social media. However, you always have to resist the urge. As tempting as it might be to keep yourself updated on your ex’s doing, it’s just plain creepy.
11. Don’t keep on comparing your ex to other ex’s that you may have had in the past. It’s petty and it’s sad. Your ex-deserves better than that.
12. Don’t start any rumors about your ex. That’s just downright childish and immature. It’s also incredibly cruel. You should be conducting yourself in a more mature and civilized manner.
13. Stop trying to stay in contact with your ex. It doesn’t matter how confident you are in whatever it is you have to say. You have to let time pass before you can start to mend those wounds.
14. Stop making an effort to make your ex jealous. It’s not going to work. You’re only going to drive yourselves further apart.
15. Becoming self-destructive by engaging in so many vices is always a bad idea. Don’t start taking drugs. Don’t drink yourself to death. Breakups are hard. But they do eventually pass.