Ladies, do you have these expectation?
1. Expect him to offer to pay on the first date, but offer to split the bill too.
It’s all about gender equality. Expect him to be a fine gentleman, but be a modern woman too. Offer to split the bill with him.
2. Expect him to hold the door open for you, but say thank you afterward.
Again, expect him to be a proper gentleman, but you should also reciprocate his gentlemanly ways by being a fine lady as well.
3. Expect him to always reply to your text messages swiftly, but don’t freak out whenever he’s too busy to do so.
Understand that he has other priorities that may require his attention and he may not be on his phone the whole time.
4. Expect him to live up to your standards, but stop comparing him to your exes.
You should always have a set standard for the men you date, but understand that they are their own person.
5. Expect him to be patient with you, but be patient with him as well.
You aren’t a perfect woman and you are bound to have a few screw-ups here and there. So expect him to be patient with you, but you have to be patient with him when he’s the one who stumbles.
6. Expect him to try to win you over, but don’t play hard to get just for the sake of it
He has to be able to earn your love, but you really have to give him something that is actually worth working hard for. Don’t be cold just for the sake of being cold.
7. Expect him to want to meet your parents, but don’t put that kind of pressure on him to do so.
Eventually, he is going to want to meet your parents if he will want to get closer to you. But if he’s still uncomfortable with it, you shouldn’t pressure him.
8. Expect him to make the effort to see you as much as possible., but understand that he has his own life to live as well.
Time is tricky. Of course you would want him to spend most of his time with you. But realize that he also has his own life and that some of his time has to be devoted to other things as well.
9. Expect him to always show up for date night, but be understanding if he has to cancel for a justifiable reason.
It’s not cool to date a flaker. But if he misses date night for an emergency at work or with his family, then you shouldn’t hold that against him.
10. Expect him to always respect your time, but always make sure that you respect his as well.
He should always allow you to spend your time the way that you want to; because you are willing to afford him the same kind of respect. And most importantly: never be late for appointments with one another.
11. Expect him to stay loyal and committed to you, but be cool with him having other lady friends.
Just because he’s dating you doesn’t mean that he isn’t allowed to have other lady friends. He should be allowed to have other women in his life. You just have to be confident that it’s you who means the most to him.
12. Expect him to listen to you when you talk, but give him a turn to speak as well.
Expect him to always hear you out especially when you have something important to get off your chest. But also make it a point to hear him out whenever he wants to tell you something.
13. Expect him to always want to talk to you, but don’t limit it to text messages.
Communication is always important in a relationship. But place more emphasis on face-to-face conversations over text messages.
14. Expect him to be open to talking about your relationship problems, but don’t be airing your dirty laundry out in public.
He should always be willing to talk things out with you when times get rough, but you shouldn’t be revealing the intimacies of your relationship to other people.
15. Expect him to want you to make some time for him, but don’t let him be the sole owner of your time.
It would be okay for him to ask you to spend more time with him, but don’t let him become the dictator of how you want to spend your time. Your time is still primarily yours to own.
16. Expect him to introduce you to his friends, but make an effort in getting them to like you.
If he likes you enough to actually want you to meet his friends, then you have to make it a point to get them to like you. Don’t disappoint him by being a jerk.
Talk to me
Ladies, does this resonate with you? Talk to me in the comments below!