20 Psychological Facts That Are Going To Blow Your Mind
In life, you always want to be learning something new every day. As a human being, you owe it to yourself to never stop learning about everything around you. And if you’re a firm believer in the value of constant growth and education, then this article is perfect for you. The human mind is a wonderful place to play. There are so many facets to the human mind that make it so interesting and fascinating. However, even though you use your mind on practically a daily basis, there may be a lot of things about it that you still have yet to learn.
And if you’re looking to uncover the truth about your mind, then you’ve definitely come to the right place. You might already know some of the facts that are going to be listed on here. You might not know any of them. But you’ve really got nothing to lose by reading this article in its entirety. You might be able to pick up a few tidbits of useful information along the way. And the better you understand how a human mind works, then the better equipped you will be to deal with yourself and with other people in this life.
1. Studies conducted by leading experts have shown that friendships and intimate relationships formed between the ages of 16 and 28 are the ones that are likely to really last for a long time.
2. It has been proven that women tend to be more attracted to men who have deeper and fuller voices that have huskier qualities. It’s shown that this is because these types of voices tend to be more caring and less aggressive.
3. The people who are known to give the best advice are also those who have been through the worst experiences in life. It’s through these rough experiences wherein they are able to grow and learn to become wiser human beings.
4. People who have really messy handwriting tend to be those who are the smartest. The reason that their handwriting is so bad is because their motor skills aren’t refined enough to keep up with how fast their minds are working.
5. It’s a common misconception that people believe that the way we communicate is heavily influenced by our current feelings and emotions. In fact, the opposite is true. The manner in which we communicate is the greatest influencer of our mood.
6. You are able to really judge a person’s character by how they treat someone who is seemingly below them in a social situation (i.e. how a customer would treat a waiter while in a restaurant).
7. The people who are most understanding and mindful of the feelings of other people are often the most sensitive ones. They are the people who are most likely to feel pangs of regret, remorse, and sympathy.
8. Men necessarily aren’t funnier than women and their level of humor isn’t necessarily as refined as that of women’s. It’s just that men tend to make MORE jokes all of the time and that’s why they are perceived as the funnier gender.
9. Shy people have a tendency to get other people to really trust them when they decide to open up about themselves. They might not really talk much; but whenever they do, it’s always something that the people around them can take seriously.
10. Women are able to feel twice as much pain in their bodies as men because of how their nerves are structured. And physiologically, women tend to have higher pain tolerances than men as well.
11. There is a certain calm, relaxation, and euphoria that comes with listening to music at higher frequencies.
12. One of the most common causes of insomnia is when a person can’t seem to stop their brain from jumping from one thought to the next. One quick fix to this problem is to stand up and write all of these thoughts down on a sheet of paper in a structured manner. This can help ease the mind and relax the body.
13. Happy endorphins are released in the body whenever someone reads a good morning or a good night text message from someone important.
14. Studies have shown that those who are more willing to face their fears are also the ones who tend to lead happier and more meaningful lives.
15. Women are likely to blurt out secrets that you tell them after a 2-day period.
16. The loneliest people in the world are often those who are constantly looking after the needs and expectations of others. They tend to neglect themselves in the process.
17. The happier you are, the less sleep you need to feel energized throughout the day.
18. There is a certain sense of calm and reassurance that you feel whenever you get to hold another person’s hand.
19. The world’s most intelligent people also tend to have the smallest social circles.
20. The risk of divorce is lessened by 70% when you end up marrying your best friend.