You’re not exactly in a loyal and committed relationship with someone. You’re just hooking up with someone and you’re engaging in casual relations. You don’t really have any feeling of attachment towards one another just yet… or do you? What if you’re tired of this casual setup that you guys have and you already want something more? What if you’re looking to actually level up in your relationship?
Well, just because you guys aren’t really engaged in something serious right now doesn’t mean that there’s nothing you can do to add some depth and layers to your relationship. You might just want to be making your hookup relations a little more fun or you might genuinely want to build a romantic relationship out of this. All you really have to do is engage in open and honest communication with one another.
And that’s not always so easy. Communication isn’t a gift that is necessarily bestowed on everyone. But that’s okay. That’s what this article is going to help you with. Here are a few questions that you can use to actually start an engaging and interesting conversation with your partner. These questions are specifically designed to help get you where you want to be in the relationship. It all depends on what your goals and expectations are.
It’s always scary whenever you’re thinking about taking the relationship to the next level. It doesn’t matter if you’re seeking to do so on an emotional, physical, or spiritual level – or maybe even if it’s a combination of all three. But the one thing that you need to know is that you can’t do so if you don’t engage in open and honest communication with one another.
When you try to engage your hookup in such a personal and intimate level, you are essentially giving them permission to know more about yourself as well. And when you open up to one another, you become more and more comfortable with each other. You just have to make sure that you’re caught in an equal exchange.
You both need to be giving and taking from one another. Minimize the pressure by being candid with one another. Don’t feel the need to put on masks or filter yourselves. Make sure that you are in a comfortable environment that eases up your nerves
Here are a few questions that you can ask your current hookup to take your relationship to the next level.
Questions to get to know one another better.
- What do you look for in a romantic partner?
- What is the one thing that upsets you the most about dating someone?
- What does your ideal date with someone look like?
- What is one movie that you always go-to when you’re with a date?
- Who is your all-time fictional character crush?
- What words would your best friend use to describe you?
- What emoji do you use the most when you text?
Questions to increase the level of hotness in a hookup.
- What is one sexual position or move that you have always wanted to try?
- What is your personal favorite position that you go back to over and over again?
- Do you like it when I touch, kiss, hug, hold you here and there? (Be very specific about your moves)
- Do you like it when the lights are on or off?
- Do you like to listen to music when you’re in bed?
- What is your biggest sexual fantasy that you’ve never really opened up about?
- Would you be open to using toys and other materials during sex?
Questions to test the romantic potential of a hookup.
- What was your last relationship like and when did it happen?
- Why did it have to end?
- What’s the longest you’ve ever been in a serious relationship?
- Do you think you’ve ever been in love?
- What’s your take on just dating a single person at a time?
- Do you believe in the idea of staying with one person for the rest of your life?
- Do you think this is going to evolve to something beyond a mere hookup?
When you engage with your casual intimate topics and subjects, it’s not always going to be so comfortable and easy. The truth is that it can be just downright frightening to be talking about a lot of these things. However, you’re never going to be able to break that ceiling until you actually muster up the courage to ask these questions.
If you’re really interested in moving forward into the future with this person, you’re going to have to talk about these things. It’s also important that you are able to manage your expectations better by being on the same page. You don’t want to end up finding out that you don’t have the same expectations after all. You are only going to end up feeling disappointed and dejected.