Based on recent statistics released by the International Society of Plastic Surgery, 17 million women sought out Botox as a means to address sagging skin on their faces and necks in 2017 alone. And yes, Botox can seem like an easy way out. It can be a quick fix to a nagging problem that a lot of women just can’t seem to ignore.
However, there’s no discounting the fact that it is expensive, potentially dangerous, and unnatural. There are so many organic and natural alternatives to handling saggy faces and necks. However, not a lot o people are fond of partaking in these alternatives because they require patience, determination, and a lot of hard work. And that’s a shame. A lot of these tips are very safe and they can have much more profound effects on your life if you just give them a try.
Here are a few ways in which you can stay more youthful and prevent any sagging skin on your face and neck.
1. Decrease your sugar intake.
Every day, we are all just learning more and more about the harmful effects of sugar in the body. And your skin isn’t going to be immune to the negative effects of sugar either. When you consume sugar on a consistent basis, it triggers a process in your digestive system called glycation. This process breaks down the collagen that your body is supposed to be producing to preserve the vitality and health of your cells. When you have less collagen, you are more likely to form wrinkles and sags in your face.
2. Use coconut oil as a moisturizer.
Not many people might know this, but coconut oil actually serves as a very effective moisturizer. Because of the texture and consistency of coconut oil, they keep the skin moisturized, smooth, and hydrated more effectively. To add to that, the fatty acids in coconut oil penetrate the skin and protect the body’s natural proteins.
3. Take in more antioxidants.
The skin is actually the largest organ in the body and it is also exposed to the most oxidation. That means that your body is constantly being exposed to so many harmful elements on a daily basis. That is why you should try to eat as many antioxidants as you can. They help strengthen the immune system of your skin to fight off any harmful elements. You need these antioxidants to help you stay youthful. Foods that are rich in antioxidants include dark chocolate, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, kale, and spinach.
4. Wash your face at least twice a day.
Don’t you dare go to sleep at night without taking your makeup off? It doesn’t matter how tired you are. You can’t get lazy. Going to sleep at night without taking the time to remove the dirt and chemical substances off your face can be very harmful. It can help speed up the aging process of your face’s skin.
5. Perform the spoon exercise.
Your face has muscles in it. And like any other muscle in the rest of your body, your facial muscles have to be exercised if you want to maintain their structural integrity. The spoon exercise is very effective in raising your cheekbones and giving you a fuller and more youthful face. It can also help improve blood circulation while tightening and strengthening the neck muscles as well.
To perform this exercise:
- Take a tablespoon and place it between your lips.
- Use your jaw muscles and try to raise the spoon as high as you can.
- At the top, smile, and try to keep the spoon in place for around 5-10 seconds.
- Bring the spoon back down to a resting level and relax for around 10 seconds.
- Repeat the process for about 10 reps.
- Perform this exercise once in the morning when you wake up and once more before you go to sleep.
6. Perform the eye lifting exercise.
This particular exercise is designed to help lift the skin around the eyes and the cheekbones in a perfectly natural way. It also aids in the rejuvenation of the skin around the eyes and forehead while simultaneously reducing the likelihood of age lines around the face. On top of that, it can also strengthen the muscles located around the eyes and the forehead.
To perform this exercise:
- Put your index and middle fingers in a scissor position as they cross one another.
- Place these fingers beside your eyes with the index finger on the eyebrow and the middle finger on the top of the cheekbone.
- Begin to squint in a repetitive manner for about 20 seconds.
- Relax your eyes for around 10 seconds.
- Repeat this process for 10 reps
- Perform this exercise just as you wake up and once more before you go to sleep at night.