7 Signs You’re Really, Really in Love
You’re completely in love!
Love is such an important and necessary feeling in life, it changes your life completely and positively. Therefore, it is very important to realize these feelings instead of suppressing them. There are no definite signs of being in love, it differs for person to person but below are a few things which almost everyone who has ever experienced love feels for their partner.
1. They hold a special place in your life.
This one’s a bit obvious, when you love someone they are your number one in every aspect of life, no one compares to this person. They will always have your time, attention, feelings, devotion- without fighting for it. They are number one on your priority list.
2. Nothing makes you happier than their happiness.
You celebrate their triumphs just like your own, you feel proud of their successes and their achievements instead of feeling jealous or inferior. All you care about is that smile on their face and nothing makes you happier than watching them happy and content. You always mean well for them, there are no negative emotions.
3. You want your friends and family to like them.
When you’re in love with someone, consciously or unconsciously you want them in your future and what your family and friends think about your partner matters to you. Their approval gives you satisfaction and a confidence about making the right choice. It makes everything a lot easier if you have your support system by your side, so you make every effort to make them get along and like each other.
4. You’re addicted to them.
Now, it is very important to differentiate between addiction and obsession. Addiction is when you can’t go on a day without talking to each other, if anything significant happens they’re the first person you want share it with, you want to spend more time in their company, you miss them and want to get involved in each other’s life but at the same time you’re mature enough to be okay if you haven’t heard from them for a few hours, you miss them but it’s not keeping you from carrying on with your life. It is obsession when you can’t leave them alone even for a second, you stalk them, if they don’t message or call for a few hours you start making weird scenarios in your head; that is obsession and its unhealthy.
5. There’s jealousy but not suspicion.
It is our primal instinct to protect what’s ours, when you’re in love you feel attached to this person, they become an important part of you and any external threat can spike feelings of jealousy in you. A little bit of jealousy is okay in any relationship. It keeps you more committed to your partner and prevents you from taking them for granted. Like they say, jealousy is often the first sign of love. But it’s extremely important to keep a check on it, let it go over board and it turns into obsession.
6. Love Vs Like
Many might confuse liking someone with love. There sure is a difference between the two, like is a prerequisite for love whereas love is much stronger and long lasting.
- .Responsible; you give up your ego and accept your mistakes, the person matters to you more than your ego, there is maturity.
- .Selfless; you keep the person you love before your own needs and wants, you want them to be truly happy.
- .Permanent; every relationship has its highs and lows but love is strong enough to settle the disagreements and get back to the highs.
- . Reserved; you may like spending time with this person but you don’t reveal your quirks in front of them, you don’t have that level of comfort with them. There is always this pressure to impress them.
- .Temporary; the feelings are not as strong, a little argument here and you would want to cut them off, misunderstanding go unaddressed, just the general level of care is low.
They bring out the best in you.
Be it personally or professionally, you’re the best version of yourself when you are with them. You feel confident and happy in all aspects of life. They help you grow instead of questioning your choices and you know there is always this one person who will have your back no matter what. They love you for who you are and you never feel inadequate or small with them. You are your beautiful, confident self with them without trying too hard. If this isn’t love then what is?
Are you in love?
Have you felt any of these signs? Do you think you’re head over heels for someone? Let me know in the comments below. And as always, stay blessed and keep the love alive!