Okay, so you and I have been seeing each other for a couple of months now and maybe it would be unreasonable for me to expect us to have all the answers already. We’ve only just begun and no one really expects us to have everything all figured out. But that doesn’t mean that the time we have spent together hasn’t already had significant impacts on my life. We’ve already been together long enough for me to have learned a thing or two about love and relationships as a whole.
I’ve learned a lot about us as a couple and about the potential that we have in a life of shared love for one another. And I wanted to put some of these lessons and realizations into writing. I want to let you know the thoughts that have been running through my mind and the feelings that have been pumping life into my heart. I just want you to understand where I am at. I want you to know how I feel about you and where I stand in relation to you and our love. I just want you to be exposed to the inner musings of a human being who is in love with you.
I believe that relationships should always be composed of openness and sincerity if they are to be strong and healthy. And this is my attempt at doing so with you. This is my attempt at being honest and upfront with you about the many ramblings of my heart. I don’t want there to exist any misunderstandings between the two of us. I don’t want you to think that I’m just leaving you in the dark about anything. These are just some important lessons that I have learned because of you and I thought it important for you to know about them as well.
1. Ever since I met you, I have found that I don’t really dwell on the past anymore. Yes, I understand how important the past is. The experiences and memories of our past have effectively shaped us into becoming the people that we are today. But with you, I have learned that the past isn’t really going to be as important as today when it comes to determining our future. I have found that my heartaches and disappointments in the past are all irrelevant so as long as I make sure that things go well with you.
2. Should I ever be unfortunate enough to lose you somewhere down the line, I’m going to miss talking to you about anything and everything under the sun. I’m going to miss the depth and the significance of all the heavy discussions we had about life, love, and the universe. But I’m also going to miss the lightness and the humor of the conversations we had about the shallow stuff – the stuff that entertained us and made us laugh.
3. I learned long ago that we should never really rely on other people for anything in life. We need to always be independent. We need to always have our own backs. However, I just can’t help but feel safe and secure whenever I am with you. Whenever you are around, I just feel like I am generally happier and more comfortable. I feel like I have the know-how to take on the world. I know that I always have to be looking out for myself but with you, I also get the feeling that I don’t really have to.
4. It doesn’t matter what time of the day it is or whether we’ve practically spent so many hours together already, I always find myself wanting to be around you. I always find myself craving for your presence. I never grow tired of your companionship. I always enjoy and cherish whatever time we get to spend with one another. I always love it whenever we’re at each other’s side.
5. Even though what we have is new, I also feel like it’s all so familiar. Ad I know that sounds almost insane. I know that sounds so weird. You might think I’m crazy for saying so but I’m fairly sure that you won’t. Whenever we are together, everything just feels so right all of the time. It all feels so comfortable.
6. I would hate to just “settle down” with you because I think that that would be a disservice to what I want to do with you. I don’t want to just settle with you. I want to live a life of magic, wonder, and thrill that I know would be easy to attain so as long as we’re together.
7. I know that I’m all in with you. I’ve known this for quite some time already. But it’s something that I’ve never really experienced with any other person ever before. And I love that I’m feeling it with you.