Regardless of whether a relationship lasts or not, it’s always going to serve a purpose in your life. Sometimes, you end up in doomed relationships just so you get to learn the valuable lessons that you need to pick up before you actually fall in love for real. However, when you do fall in love with the person you’re meant to be with forever, the learning still doesn’t stop.
In fact, it’s in this kind of relationship wherein you get to learn some of the most profound and important truths about love and romance. Here are 12 important lessons that you learn about love when you’re finally in a good relationship:
1. Love alone is never going to be enough to sustain a relationship. Granted, it’s the foundation for a romantic relationship. However, it’s not going to be able to sustain the entire relationship all on its own. You’re going to have to really exert a lot of effort into your relationship as well. You need to have patience, understanding, open-mindedness, intimacy, honesty, and a whole lot of luck. Relationships don’t just last by accident.
2. If a person really wants to be with you, then they would really want to be with you. Of course, that isn’t to say that love is easy. This lesson doesn’t seek to simplify love in any way. However, when you are with someone who genuinely wants to be with you, then they would claw their way towards your heart. They wouldn’t be afraid of overcoming any kind of obstacle that may stand in their way.
3. If someone doesn’t want to be with you, then they’re going to try to push you away ever so subtly. They will try to push you away by putting you to the test. They will try to make it feel like they’re so difficult to be with so that you will no longer pursue them. But if you are still relentless, they will try to find something external to blame like “timing” or something of that nature. However, the truth is just that they don’t really care about you enough to fight for you.
4. The truth is that there’s never really going to be the “right time” to fall in love. You never really fall in love at the wrong time. You just fall in love with the wrong people and that’s why the relationship doesn’t work out. The real truth is that the purest and most real kind of love will be able to overcome the challenges brought about by time and space.
5. When you are with the right person, you don’t really think about things such as “timing” or “distance” anymore. When you’re with the right person, all other challenges become irrelevant. Not to say that it’s going to be easy. It’s just that you wouldn’t necessarily be fazed to overcome these challenges because you have your love to push you forward.
6. It can be very easy to be romantic with a person without necessarily being that person’s friend. And that’s where a romantic relationship can become very problematic in the long run. Sure, it’s all fun and games when you’re just starting out. But if you don’t have a solid foundation of friendship to bank on as you get deeper into the thick of things, then things will prove to be challenging. The best kinds of relationships have couples who always have strong friendly ties to supplement the romantic bonds.
7. You don’t really lose your sense of individuality or independence just because you get into a relationship. The people who think that they have to give up who they are just so they can fall in love are deathly wrong. You can still be who you are even when you get into a relationship with someone else. It’s not about changing who you are for one another. It’s about being able to coexist in an environment of love with one another despite your differences.
8. In fact, being in the right relationship won’t just allow you to be who you really are. Being in the right relationship is going to encourage you to really tap into your core essence. Being in the right relationship is going to push you to be the best possible version of yourself. You are going to feel a lot safer and more secure when you know that the love of your life is always going to have your back.
9. Love doesn’t always come when you think it should. Love doesn’t always bend to your will. Love can strike absolutely anywhere at any time. However, building that love is another story. Even though you don’t necessarily control when love walks into your life, you definitely control whether love is going to stay or not.
Latest posts by Relationship Rules (see all)
- Being On Your Own Is Better Than Being In An Almost Relationship - December 14, 2019
- Daily Horoscope for Saturday, December 7, 2019 - December 6, 2019
- Daily Horoscope for Friday, December 6, 2019 - December 5, 2019