Whenever you’re trying to figure out whether you’re destined to spend the rest of your life with a person, you can get overwhelmed. It’s not an easy decision to make. But that’s the whole point of dating, isn’t it? It’s a social experiment that you put yourself in. You want to try to find that one person you can imagine eventually growing old with. But how exactly do you make such a decision? What factors do you need to be taking into consideration to be sure about the choice that you’re making?
One thing is for sure; it’s not a decision that you can choose to just take lightly. It’s not something that you can just jump into without really putting any thought into it. You always need to really be serious about this particular choice. And you have to make sure that you have all bases covered. You can’t always just be keeping your eyes on the big picture. You really need to pay attention to the details. Yes, the big and grand gestures matter. The big things; you always need to take them into consideration. But you shouldn’t do so at the expense of the little things.
Sometimes, it’s really the subtle aspects of the relationship that you need to pay attention to. It’s the little things that make up the entire dynamic of your relationship and you always need to remember that. And if you need a little eye-opener on what kind of things you need to be on the lookout for, then this article is going to be perfect for you. Here are a few subtle signs that you’ve definitely found your forever person.
1. Whenever you happen to be in a crowded room or an awkward social situation, you can always count on them to be there for you to hold your hand and give you eye contact. They always reassure you of your presence whenever you’re feeling insecure or vulnerable. They act as your strength when you’re feeling particularly weak.
2. You have a partner who can make you laugh even with minimal effort. You could be in the worst mood you could ever be in; but you have a partner who can always crack a subtle joke to instantly improve your mood. Having a shared sense of humor with someone can really go a long way in determining the strength of a relationship.
3. They do whatever they can to make your life as easy and as uncomplicated as possible. They know that you go through a lot of stresses and problems throughout your day; but they always make a conscious effort to make your daily workload a little lighter. They really have your back; they act like your genuine partner.
4. You always feel like they offer you a safe space for expression. You never have to feel like you need to censor yourself whenever you’re with them. You don’t need to filter your words. You can just freely talk 5. about whatever you want without having to worry about them judging you. They would never hold what you say against you in any form.
5. You always feel a rush of positive energy whenever you spend time together. It’s like you get a real energy boost whenever you’re around together. You get more inspired to live life; you see the world through a more profound lens. You have a developed zeal to live whenever you are reminded of the fact that you’re in love with one another.
6. You are also confident that you are with someone who is always going to respect your boundaries and your wishes. You have someone who respects the fact that you are still your own person; and that you are entitled to your individuality and privacy. You have someone who doesn’t feel entitled to boss you around or direct your life.
7. Your partner is someone who is always going to be direct and honest with you. You are never made to feel like you have to doubt whatever they have to say. You can always believe what they’re telling you especially when it’s something about yourself. They will call you out whenever necessary; but they will also prop you up whenever you need it. You have someone who is always going to stay true to you and to your relationship.
8. You always find yourself going to this person for EVERYTHING. Whenever you want to share an important milestone about your life, you want to go to this individual. Whenever you need a shoulder to cry on, you go to this person.
9. You are able to find home in this person. It doesn’t matter where you are or what you’re doing. So as long as the two of you are together, you always feel happy and confident. You always feel safe and secure. You are always made to feel like you can just relax and be yourself.