In your search for love and romance, you are going to get a chance to encounter so many different kinds of people. But this article is going to focus on one type of person in particular – someone who has a guarded heart. There are those of us who are always going to feel so comfortable with being ourselves regardless of the situation that we might find ourselves in.
These are the kinds of people who are likely to be extroverted – the kinds of people who would have no problems with just saying what’s on their mind and in their hearts. They are honest individuals who call it as they see it and they don’t really feel the need to censor themselves. They wear their hearts on their sleeves and they really leave it all out in the open.
However, there are also the kinds of people who aren’t going to be so open. They are typically going to be very timid and shy. They won’t be so vocal all the time about what they truly think. They won’t always be expressing how they feel. They won’t always be making their thoughts known to all those around them.
You aren’t always going to be able to figure out what’s on their mind. You aren’t always going to be able to tell how they’re feeling at any particular moment. However, you shouldn’t let that deter you. They are going to be really great people to fall in love with. You just have to make sure that you keep an open mind and an open heart as well. Here are a few things that you need to remember when you fall in love with someone who is guarded.
1. They aren’t always going to be impressed by whatever material items that you’re going to give them. Sure, they’re going to be appreciative of the gifts that you share to them. But they’re not going to value these material gifts as much as the time, sincerity, affection, love, and intimacy that you could give them on a daily basis.
2. Your words mean practically nothing to them if they are unsupported by actions. Yes, you can try to talk a big game with your partner but they would never really be appreciative of your words unless you are able to back them up in everyday life.
3. They know that love isn’t always going to be so pretty and wonderful. They understand that love can have many faces – and a lot of times it’s not going to be a beautiful one. They have a very profound understanding of what love is and how potentially dangerous it can be to a person’s emotional state of well-being.
4. A person who is guarded is always going to take care of you and nurture you once you are able to gain their trust. The thing about them is that they don’t really like to open themselves up to just anyone. But once they feel comfortable with being themselves towards you, then that means all of the love and affection that they withhold on the inside is going to you.
5. They are fiercely independent. They know how to make it in this world on their own. They don’t really depend or rely on other people to survive in this life. They are always going to be able to find a way to fend for themselves. And so, you shouldn’t get it into your mind that you would be able to control them or threaten them with the idea of leaving.
6. They are very forgiving people. They know that human beings are flawed and that we all make mistakes sometimes. You have to know that they are incredibly patient and they are not above giving people second chances. They are usually very graceful and they don’t like to carry grudges or emotional baggage.
7. You always have to be gentle with them. Treat them with care. They might seem like they are very cold and distant but the truth is that they are very sensitive. They can get hurt fairly easily and that’s why they always try their best to stay guarded. They know just how fragile they really are.
8. They are going to value whatever vulnerability you reveal to them. They are going to embrace your insecurities. You shouldn’t really be concerned with showcasing your weaknesses towards them. They are never going to make you feel like less of a person just because you have weaknesses.
9. They are always going to be able to handle conflict fairly well. They aren’t known to freak out all too much. They know how to keep their feelings under control. They always maintain their tact. You would never have to worry about weathering the storm with a partner like that.