9 Unromantic Things Only The Great Boyfriends Do
Just because it isn’t romantic doesn’t mean that it isn’t good for your relationship. You have to recognize that romance comprises only one aspect of being able to make a relationship work. And sometimes, the bulk of sustaining a relationship lies in being able to do things that aren’t necessarily romantic; but practical and pragmatic. It’s good if you have a boyfriend who is always doing sweet and romantic gestures for you. That’s all great. But you also want to have a boyfriend who understands the reality of what goes into making a relationship work. And sometimes, that means having to do things that aren’t necessarily romantic – but are necessary.
1. He teaches you how to manage your finances better. He is the kind of guy who understands that you need money in order for you to make your way through this world and do all of the things you want to do. And that’s why he teaches you the value of money. He knows that if you’re eventually going to start a family and spend the rest of your lives together, you need to be able to manage your finances well so that you don’t have to face any monetary issues later.
2. He pushes you to take care of your health and fitness. And it’s not really all just about being able to look good. Yes, it’s nice that he wants something pretty to look at. But it’s so much more than that. He pushes you to be fit and healthy because it’s going to make you feel better about yourself. It’s going to give you confidence to do more things and be a better human being.
3. He goes out of his way to run annoying errands for you that he typically shouldn’t be doing at all. He assumes all of your responsibilities just because you’re in a relationship together. And he doesn’t really have to do these things. He doesn’t do them out of a sense of duty. He just does them because he knows that it will help make your life easier – and that makes him happy.
4. He gives you honest and real advice that no one else is ever going to tell you – even if it’s going to be something that you don’t want to hear. The truth isn’t always going to be so sweet and romantic. In fact, a lot of times, the truth is going to be ugly. And he’s going to be the guy who is going to tell you what you need to hear because he respects you enough to know that you can handle it.
5. He just sits quiet and listens to you nag and complain about the terrible day that you have without trying to fix your problems for you. He knows that you’re not necessarily looking for advice or help. He knows that you just want to vent out your problems and worries. He knows that you just need a verbal punching bag. And he’s letting himself be that for you.
6. He takes your friends and your family out just to spend time with them even when you’re not there. He knows just how important these people are in your life; and that’s why he makes an effort to get closer to them. He wants to get to know the people who helped shape your life to be the way that it is now. And he knows it would make you happy to do so.
7. He forces himself to watch movies or listen to songs that he typically isn’t interested in just because he knows that these are things you like. He wants to immerse himself in your world as much as possible; and that’s why he’s going to want to expose himself to the many things in life that might influence your personality or behavior.
8. He always keeps a cool and level head whenever the two of you are fighting. Sure, there is nothing romantic about having fights in a relationship. In fact, it can get pretty ugly. But you should always be greatly appreciative of the fact that he’s never going to say or do anything that might offend you or harm you. He’s always keeping himself in check. He’s always making sure that he is still acting respectful when he’s dealing with you in your conflicts.
9. He doesn’t hold you back from living the life that you want to live. He lets you be whoever you want to be. It might not seem like much. It’s not really even a grand romantic gesture. But it speaks volumes as to how he sees you and how much he values you as a human being. He understands that just because you are in a relationship doesn’t mean that he feels entitled to dictate how you’re going to end up living your life together.