Coast Guard Confirms Debris has been Found in Search for Titan Submersible

The US Coast Guard has confirmed that a debris field on the ocean floor has been discovered in the search operation for the missing Titan submersible.

The whole situation has left the internet terrified…

The search for the missing submersible Titan, which went missing on Sunday while on a mission to survey the wreckage of the Titanic, has been focused on an area where Canadian aircraft detected underwater noises on Tuesday and again on Wednesday.

“Officials said the field had been found by Odysseus 6k, a remote operated vehicle (ROV) deployed by the Canadian vessel, the Horizon Arctic, that can dive 20,000ft underwater,” Daily Mail reported.

Right now, the experts are evaluating the situation and will soon share an update.

“Experts within the unified command are evaluating the information,” the Coast Guard said.

It has yet to be evaluated if if this debris field is connected to the missing submersible. The Coast Guard said it will hold a press briefing at 3 p.m. ET to “discuss findings from the Horizon Arctic’s ROV on the sea floor near the Titanic.” Per CNN.

“Today will be a critical day in this search and rescue mission, as the sub’s life support supplies are starting to run low,” Guillermo Sohnlein, the co-founder of OceanGate, the company operating the expedition, stated earlier today.

The frantic international search entered a more desperate phase today as the oxygen supply on the missing tourist submersible dwindled.

The five passengers on board the Titan are out of oxygen now, and the U.S. Coast Guard estimated that they could have run out of air at 7:10 a.m. ET. The exact location of the submersible and the condition of the passengers remain unknown, even as the search intensifies with new ships joining the effort.

A submersible disappeared during a mission to survey the wreckage of the Titanic. The vessel has a 96-hour supply of oxygen, meaning it could run out of air this morning. The Coast Guard is continuing its search.

The search expanded yesterday after crews heard “underwater noises.” The search area is twice the size of Connecticut and 2.5 miles deep.

The people on board have been identified as Stockton Rush, the CEO of OceanGate Expeditions; British billionaire Hamish Harding; French dive expert Paul Henry Nargeolet; and prominent Pakistani businessman Shahzada Dawood and his son, Suleman.

The limited number of crafts capable of reaching such depths and the difficulties associated with attaching and towing the submersible to the surface have been noted by experts.

The families of the five people on board are yet to issue any public statements about the debris discovery.

Share Your Thoughts:

Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

11 comments
  1. This is horrible, it took way to f ing long for anything to get done! Unacceptable. Need to have safety measures in place that if something happens that it can be immediately retrieved! This should be SOP !

    1. No, sorry. These people knew the risks and knew that death was one of em. They also knew that we DONT have the tech to get down that deep if an emergency did occur, so this entire trip and their deaths lies on them and them only. Don’t blame anyone else.

  2. Well it wasn’t an approved craft, it looked like a kid designed it in his 3rd grade arts class. It was an accident waiting to happen. Btw, If a IS navy sub can’t even dive to those depths, who do you expect to help them? This is the owners fault 110%. An accident waiting to happen, or it could be more satanic than that.

  3. This is really a horrific adventure ,to emback to such a Dept, in search for what?
    And also I think emergency rescue techniques should also be deployed immediately such journey is being embacked on..as it is various beaches around the world

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.