Think of love like a complicated recipe for a really fancy dish. There are going to be a lot of ingredients and procedures that go into making sure that everything turns out perfect – or at the very least, edible. Sure, it isn’t necessarily mind-blowing information to you that love isn’t just about a mutual physical attraction. It’s more than just having common interests and shared passions for certain things.
There really are plenty of things that go into crafting a strong and loving relationship. And according to the expert analysis of one psychologist, there are 11 factors that go into falling in love.
A faculty member from the School of Management at Ben Gurion University in Israel named Ayala Malach Pines has lots to say about the matter. She is a clinical psychologist who specializes in the study of couples and relationships. Pines has authored more than 60 research papers throughout the stretch of her career. She has also penned a few books under her name including “Falling in Love: Why We Choose The Lovers We Choose.” In this particular book, Pines actually breaks down the many factors that go into falling in love.
And if you’re curious about what factors and variables go into falling in love, then this article is definitely for you. Read on to find out more about the many ingredients that go into the recipe of love.
- A similarity in upbringing, character traits, philosophies, and principles in life. It turns out that opposites don’t necessarily attract after all.
- Geographic availability and proximity. This is why long-term relationships aren’t really a good idea.
- Desirable traits concerning personality and overall appearance. It’s not just about what you can see on the outside. The inside matters as well.
- Reciprocated affection and appreciation. Studies show that we tend to develop a higher liking for people who like us in return.
- Meeting and satisfying of needs and expectations.
- Physical, emotional, and mental stimulation. It’s all about feeding that sense of arousal.
- Social approval and positive influences. They say that you fall in love with people that your friends and family fall in love with as well.
- Endearment towards the simplest quirks and littlest mannerisms.
- Readiness for committed long-term relationships.
- Opportunities for some intimate alone time together.
- A little bit of mystery and allure can go a long way as well.
If you are currently single, and you’re bitter about it, that’s fine. This article can actually help you with your situation. You can use the knowledge that you have acquired from this article to actually pursue a love interest that you might have. For example, you know that geographic availability is a big factor, then it might be important for you to hang out in places that you would typically run into this person at. Similar interests is also an important variable, so maybe you can try to meet people at the gym if you happen to be a fitness freak.
It’s all about taking all of the knowledge that you have gotten here and actually applying it to your everyday life. Of course, you won’t be assured of instant positive results. But at the very least, you are putting yourself in the best possible position to actually find love with someone.
If you are still having substantial difficulty in finding love, then that’s fine. It really isn’t designed to be easy. Love is always going to be a complicated test even when you have all of the answers. You just have to keep on enduring. You just have to keep on fighting. Because if there is one thing in this life that is worth fighting for, it’s definitely love.