Sometimes, all you need to do is ask a few well-placed questions here and there to get to know someone. It’s all a matter of knowing the right questions to get to know someone. This isn’t always going to be easy for most people. But that’s okay. You might just need a little help with the questions. This is exactly where this article is going to come into play. With only a few well-crafted and well-placed questions, you have a good shot at really getting closer to someone.
Why are questions so important in relationships? Well, they’re crucial in helping you learn as much as you can about an individual. When you ask someone questions, you are expressing an interest in their life. You are letting them know that you’re genuinely curious about who they are and what they are like. You just have to be careful not to come off as overly intrusive. Be sensitive with your words. Again, if you’re having trouble on that front, then it’s okay. This is precisely what this article is for.
Asking the Right Questions:
Of course, the questions you will be asking should depend on the context or the setting. It would be pretty weird for you to ask, “What are your marriage goals?” on the very first date. That is far too loaded a question. That is why this article isn’t just going to help you figure out what questions to ask. On top of that, you will also be briefed on the right moments or platforms to be asking these questions. Sure, you can always fall back on small talk to keep things safe. However, small talk isn’t going to bring with it much depth or realness when it comes to your personalities. This is why it has to be a balance of both.
As you make your way through this article, you will learn more and more about the right questions you should be asking your romantic partner in varying situations. This way, you have a more profound and holistic understanding of how to carry a conversation. It’s all about the two of you trying to get closer to one another. So, without much further ado, here are the best questions to get to know someone in a more romantic capacity.
20 Questions To Get To Know Someone’s Likes:
This first set of questions has to do with the stuff that they like. When you’re just meeting them for the first time, you want to get to know them by learning about their interests and inclinations. By getting to know what they like, you can find common ground and establish a connection there. This is a crucial step in building a rapport with someone. They are also going to be more enticed to talk to you when they’re talking about what they like. It makes the “getting to know you” process a lot easier and less tense.
- What kind of music is your favorite to listen to?
- What are your favorite hobbies, and what connected you to them?
- If you could read just one book for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- All-time favorite ice cream topping?
- Do you have any podcasts or TV shows that you could recommend?
- What’s the most memorable trip or vacation that you’ve ever gone on?
- If you could classify yourself, would you say that you’re more of an introvert or extrovert?
- What’s one show that you could binge-watch for a whole day?
- If you could pick your last meal, what would it be?
- Do you prefer watching movies in the cinema or on Netflix?
- What quote from a TV show or movie do you live by?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What is one song that always gets you to dance uncontrollably?
- What is your go-to calming or relaxation activity?
- How you would love celebrating your birthday?
- When is your most favorite time of the year?
- Would you prefer to cook your food or just order something from a restaurant?
- Coffee or tea? With milk and sugar or without?
- What is your most prized possession?
- Are you more of a beach person or a mountain person?
20 Questions To Get To Know Someone’s Work:
Next, aside from asking about their likes and dislikes, you also have to get to know what they do for a living. Of course, a person’s character shouldn’t just be tied to their profession. However, there’s no denying that you can get a good sense of a person by finding out more about what they do for work. Things can get especially interesting when you don’t work in the same industry. This way, you have more questions to ask so that you can get to know what their life is like even further. Also, this can be very effective for getting people who are passionate about their jobs to open up more freely.
- What do you do for a living, and what drew you to that kind of work?
- What’s the most annoying thing about your job?
- If you could name one career achievement that you’re most proud of, what would it be?
- What’s your “Mount Olympus” for your line of work?
- Do you feel happy with the work that you do?
- What was your first job like, and how did you feel at the time?
- What is the single worst job that you have ever had?
- How did you feel about working for someone other than yourself?
- Do you have any side hustles to supplement your income?
- What’s a typical day at work like for you?
- How important is networking in your line of work?
- What are some essential life lessons that you’ve learned from your career?
- What is the best career choice you have ever made?
- Do you have any major career regrets?
- Could you ever envision yourself doing anything else for a living?
- If money weren’t an issue, would you still be doing the same line of work as you do today?
- Do you have a five-year plan in place, or are you just taking things as they come?
- What’s your take on working on the weekends?
- Do you have a professional mentor you can always turn to for advice and guidance?
- Do you establish personal relationships with the people at your office?
- What’s the best career advice you have ever been given?
- How do you manage your stress at work?
- What is one work-related goal that you want to achieve within the year?
- How do you separate your work and personal life?
- What is one thing that you look to achieve in the future that will give you that ultimate sense of fulfillment?
20 Questions To Get To Know Someone’s Family Life:
Now, this might be an area of your life that you want to approach with utmost care and sensitivity. Some people can get sensitive about discussing family matters. When you feel like they’re uncomfortable with talking about it, then don’t force the issue. It means that you are not close enough for them to open up to you about these things. However, if they are open to talking about their family, this allows you to unlock a higher level of depth to their personality. You are now getting a perfect and intimate look into what life is like for them at home. Although, it’s important to emphasize that you don’t push the envelope here. Again, stay sensitive.
- How much time do you devote to spend with your family?
- Who is the one family member that you enjoy spending most of your time with?
- Which family member has been the most significant influence in your life?
- What are some traits that you have now which you think are greatly influenced by your family?
- Who is the one person who understands you the most in your family?
- What would you consider to be the most prominent trial that you and your family have ever gone through?
- Do you eventually want to start a family of your own?
- Do you have siblings?
- Have you been on family vacations?
- What is your fondest memory that you have of your family being together?
- Are there some aspects of the way that you were raised that you wish you could change?
- What is your favorite way to bond or spend time as a family?
- What’s your love language for your family?
- Does your family have big reunions often?
- Who would you say is the most interesting character in your family?
- Who is the one family member you feel like you can always confide in?
- What is the one thing that you feel like your family would be surprised to learn about you?
- Do you buy into the idea that blood is thicker than water?
- Do you have friends that you would consider as family?
- What’s one thing about your family that you are most proud of?
20 Questions To Get To Know Someone’s Principles and Values:
Another dimension of a human being’s personality is their principles or values. You want to know what kind of beliefs that they have to get a good sense of what kind of life they want to lead. Essentially, by asking them these questions, you are allowing yourself to get a good glimpse into their life bible. Their principles are essentially the rules that they set for themselves and those around them. Naturally, this is also something you would want to acquaint yourself with as well.
- What is one thing that you would consider as a relationship deal-breaker?
- How would you define success in your own life?
- What is one thing that you are most proud of accomplishing in recent years?
- Who is one person you most aspire to be like in the world?
- If you won a hundred million dollars out of the blue, what would you do with that cash?
- Do you believe in rebuilding a relationship after the trust is broken?
- What’s one thing a person has to do to fully earn your trust?
- What is the one thing in the world that you would want to change if you had the power to change anything?
- What’s your take on astrology?
- Do you like to do any volunteer work?
- What do you do to make sure that you’re always informed of relevant current events?
- What is your standard of beauty in a human being?
- Do you believe in life after death?
- Do you think that we’re alone in the universe?
- How do you handle conflict and disagreement?
- What do you think is your greatest strength?
- What would you consider to be your biggest flaw?
- How open-minded do you consider yourself to be?
- What do you think is the most significant world problem?
- Do you believe that it’s okay to tell lies to protect the people you love?
- What is your biggest life motto?
- How would you label your current political views?
- Do you believe that money is a factor in determining success?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is one moment in your life wherein you felt an immense amount of fear?
There might be thousands of questions that you can ask a person to get to know them better. But the ones that are listed here can serve as an excellent place for you to start. Keep in mind that you have to develop your conversational skills if you want the level of communication in your relationship to improve. This is vital in establishing a connection with someone you care about.