Getting cheated on in a relationship can be one of the single most devastating things you could ever go through in life. But alas, it’s always going to be a possibility. There are just too many unfaithful people these days and there are temptations all around us. That’s why cheating is so rampant, and that’s also why we always have to do our parts in making sure that we protect ourselves from being cheated on.
When you’re in a relationship with someone, you always want to be assuming the best of that person. You always want to be thinking that you’re in love with someone who would never betray you; someone who would never cheat on you.
But hey, there are plenty of girls all over the world who never would have thought that their men would end up cheating on them. You don’t want to be thinking so low of your guy. You don’t want to be so pessimistic in your relationship. But you don’t want to be made a fool of either. You don’t want to be a victim of an unfaithful relationship. You always need to have your own back. You need to always be looking out for yourself.
And that’s why you need to stay vigilant in your relationship. The thing about cheaters is that a lot of them are very good at hiding their tracks. And that’s why you need to keep an eye out for the signs especially when your instincts are telling you that something is off. You always want to be coming out ahead.
You don’t want to be blindsided by anything in the relationship; especially if it’s something as grave as this. So, if you have suspicions that your man is cheating on you, don’t jump to conclusions just yet. You don’t want to be the crazy girlfriend who yells accusations without having any real proof. But you can always take a long hard look at the state of your relationship to give you better insight on the faithfulness (or lack thereof) of your partner.
1. He’s on his phone all of the time. It’s as if he’s always texting someone even though both of you are spending time together. Who else could he be texting all the time even during the late hours? Who is he having a lot of these secret phone calls with? Why does he always have to step outside the room for a conversation? He’s definitely hiding something. He doesn’t want to give anything away to you because it could put him in trouble.
2. He’s constantly evading your questions. You ask him about what he was doing late at work last night, and he’s going to act as if it’s none of your business. You ask him why he has to be going away for the weekend, and he’s going to make it seem like it’s such a personal matter that you shouldn’t be concerning yourself with. The truth is that he’s just trying to evade these questions.
3. He turns the tables on you whenever you imply that he’s being unfaithful. He starts accusing YOU of being the one who is being unfaithful in the relationship. It’s a classic technique. He knows that there is a lot of heat on himself at the moment. And he’s going to try to take the spotlight away from himself and he’s going to shine it on you. He’ll hurl accusations at you so that you are the one who ends up on the hot seat.
4. He has wandering eyes whenever you are out on the town. You notice that even when he’s out on a date with you in public, he’s still going to have the gall to be looking at other women. And when he has a wandering eye when you’re there, what makes you think that he wouldn’t have wandering hands when you’re not around to police him? If he were truly faithful, he wouldn’t really be interested in looking at other women anymore.
5. He never really opens up to you about how he spends his time. Typically, men who are faithful have nothing to hide. They are very open to their women about how they spend their time in the day. But if he’s acting particularly cagey with you whenever you ask him about what he’s been busy with lately, then you know that there’s something fishy going on. You know that something is out of place here.
6. Your instincts are just plainly and openly telling you that something is wrong. At the end of the day, you are always going to have to be able to rely on your gut. Your intuition can be picking up on things that you are usually blind to. And that’s why it really pays to be intuitive in your relationship.