You never want to be made a fool of in your own relationship. You don’t want to be falling in love with someone who thinks that it’s okay to be lying to you. You don’t want to be at the receiving end of someone’s deceit and betrayal; most especially when that someone is your girlfriend. When you’re in a relationship with someone, you always want to make sure that you are practicing openness and honesty with one another. Any kind of relationship that is built on deception is a rocky relationship that probably has no future. To add to that, you have to look out for your own well-being. You have to be the defender of your own sense of dignity. You can’t let someone you love walk all over you with a bed of lies and deceit. You never want to allow yourself to be made a fool of.
But the thing about liars is that they are so good at covering their tracks. They are so good at making it seem like everything is fine and dandy even when the truth says otherwise. And that’s exactly why you need to make it a point to stay vigilant. That’s why you need to keep an eye out for the red flags especially when you feel like your intuition is telling you that something is off. When your instincts are trying to send you a message, you need to be paying attention. But sometimes, your intuition isn’t going to be enough. You’re going to need some reliable proof and evidence that something is up. And that’s where this article comes in. Here are a few ways you can tell that your girlfriend is definitely lying to you.
1. Pay some serious attention to your girlfriend’s body language whenever she picks up the phone. If she maintains an upbeat, jovial, and welcoming mood, then it’s likely that nothing is wrong. It’s normal if she maintains a sense of ease and relaxation; and when she engages in animated and constructive dialogue with whoever she is conversing with. But when she starts speaking in hushed tones and broken sentences, you know that something is up. It’s even clearly that she’s trying to hide something whenever she leaves the room just to talk on the phone. She doesn’t want you within earshot.
2. Along with how your girl acts on the phone, you also need to be paying attention to the way she is when she’s on the computer. If you find that she suddenly shifts windows just when you walk into the room or when you stare at the computer screen, then it’s probably because she has something to hide. There are probably a few messages on there that she doesn’t want to expose to you in any way, shape, or form.
3. When she’s explaining her whereabouts or activities, you need to really listen to the way that she’s crafting her words to you. If she goes into needless detail about the things that don’t really add value to the story or narrative, then it’s likely she’s trying to cover something up. You really know that she’s lying to you if what she’s telling you seems unnatural, inorganic, and rehearsed. You know that she’s being genuine if she only gives you the essential details and she is able to answer your questions without a hiccup. If your inquiries and questions will fluster her and rile her up, then you know that something really isn’t right here.
4. If your girlfriend’s schedule has taken a very weird and sudden shift, then that should be a cause for concern. Sure, she might tell you that she needs to go home late for the next few days because she is working on something at the office. But if she keeps on doing it too frequently, then you might have a reason to worry here. Why would she really need to be out of the house consistently at odd hours of the day? It’s likely that she’s up to no good and she doesn’t want to get caught – most especially not by you.
5. Really pay attention to everything that she is telling you and try to find lapses and inconsistencies in what she’s saying. You have to have a very sharp mind. Remember that a liar is weaving a very complicated entanglement of lies. And the more they lie, the more complicated that web is going to be; and as a byproduct, it will be much easier for you to spot loopholes and inconsistencies in what they are actually telling you.
6. Be wary of sudden changes in behavior. If your girlfriend is behaving weirdly towards you and her friends all of a sudden, then you know that something is up. There’s something going on in her life that she isn’t opening up to you about.