11 Signs That You’re More Into Your Relationship Than Your Partner Is
Love should always be given back!
One of the most common (and often dangerous) lies that we can tell ourselves is that the best kinds of relationships are always going to be easy. Because that’s not always the case. In fact, that is rarely ever the case. Relationships are always going to require a lot of effort, dedication, and hard work because of how complex they are in nature. And the reason why relationships are so complex is because that as human beings, we are already as complicated as can be. And when we try to merge two lives together in a relationship, it just makes everything even more complicated.
And with all that complication, it’s important for couples to always be able to strike some kind of balance in their romance. They always want to make sure that there is symmetry and smooth flow in the dynamics of the relationship. Because if there are certain imbalances that exist within a relationship, it can make for an unsustainable relationship dynamic that could potentially be toxic and dysfunctional.
More specifically speaking, it’s always important for two people in a relationship to love one another in a fairly equal amount. While love can be such a difficult construct to quantify, it’s still something that couples are fairly able to gauge adequately. And if you feel like you’re just giving so much more to your relationship than your partner is, then it’s probably because that’s exactly what’s happening. And you need to do something about it.
You never want to be in a relationship that you’re giving so much of yourself to and you feel like you’re not getting much out of. That’s really unfair and just downright wrong. You always want to be in a relationship with a genuine partner – someone you can rely on to pick up the slack. You want to have a real partner who is going to hold your hand and put in the same amount of effort as you in trying to make the relationship work.
You want to be with a selfless individual who understands that you also have your needs and expectations for the relationship; and that these needs and expectations must also be met. For your part, you have to make sure that you communicate your own needs properly so that they understand what they need to do to be better. And you also have to put in the effort yourself to make sure that you address their needs as well. And after all of this, if you still find that there is still no real balance in your relationship, then you need to discuss the fate of your relationship.
Again, it’s important to note that some level of imbalance in a relationship isn’t so bad. It’s a workable problem and it shouldn’t be enough reason for you to lose hope. Even the most extreme cases of imbalance in a relationship can be fixed with genuine communication and effort. However, it also gets to a point where you have to put your foot down and say that enough is enough.
If at the end of the day, you just aren’t getting what you need to be getting out of your relationship, then you shouldn’t be afraid to walk away from it. Here are 11 signs that you’re more into your relationship than your partner is:
1. You seem to be the only one who makes the first move when it comes to sex.
2. You are the only one who owns up to mistakes and makes apologies in the relationship.
3. You are the one who is always making the adjustments in your schedule for the sake of your partner and the relationship; but they never seem to be willing to do the same.
4. You are the one who is always planning for dates, trips, gifts, and celebrations in general.
5. You are always the first one to reach out whenever something seems amiss in your relationship; otherwise, nothing ever gets fixed.
6. You are always so tolerant of the annoying habits of your partner but they are constantly criticizing you about your own little quirks.
7. You have already introduced your partner to your own family, but they haven’t taken you home to meet theirs.
8. You don’t seem to have any presence in your partner’s social media profile even though you would have no problem finding their face on yours.
9. You find yourself daydreaming about what it would be like to find emotional fulfilment with another person.
10. You always go to them first whenever you have big news to share but they don’t do the same to you.
11. You always make an effort to find out as much as you can about your partner; but they never make it seem like they express an interest in you.
Talk to me
Is this true for you? Talk to me in the comments below!