You can’t help who you fall in love with. And it always hurts whenever you fall in love with someone who is wrong for you. You always hope that the person you love with is the right one for you; the one who you’re meant to be with for the rest of your life. However, when you fall in love with someone who is wrong for you, it can be a very stressful and heartbreaking ordeal. And if you ever find yourself in that position, then just try to remember these 22 things.
1. You are sometimes going to have to meet a lot of wrong people before you can actually meet the right one in life.
2. Sometimes, people will take temporary roles in your life before they actually leave you. But that isn’t always going to be your fault.
3. There are some things that just aren’t meant to happen and it doesn’t even matter how much effort you might be exerting.
4. Love isn’t really the only thing that you’re going to need in a relationship. You also need trust, patience, humility, understanding, and more.
5. You should never be afraid of just letting love go if it’s truly not meant for you. Whatever love you choose to let go is eventually going to come back to you at the right time.
6. Don’t forget to spend some time with yourself. You have to realize that you can only ever really rely on yourself. You are the only one who you can always depend on.
7. Just remind yourself that you’re going to have to let go of some things in your life in order for you to make space for new and better things to come in the future.
8. You should never try too hard to win over the favor of other people. Just be yourself and the people who are meant to stay are going to accept you for who you really are.
9. The person you’re truly meant to be with; the one who truly WANTS to be with you is going to make a conscious effort to actually fight for your relationship.
10. You are going to experience heartbreak in your life. You are going to be bent and broken. You are going to be shattered into a million pieces. However, with the right love, you are going to find yourself whole again.
11. You should never regret giving your trust to another person. You shouldn’t see that as a mistake. You are not at fault here. It’s always the fault of the person who actually betrays your trust.
12. Perhaps it is time for you to just focus on yourself for a bit. You’ve been giving so much of yourself to other people to the point that you have been compromising your own needs.
13. You are going to learn that you will be okay even if you are on your own. You don’t NEED to be with the wrong person in order for you to make it in this world. You are strong and you will find a way to make it through.
14. The people we chase after aren’t always going to be the people we’re meant to be with. In fact, the right person will never force you to chase too hard. They will meet you halfway.
15. Heartbreak isn’t something that is only going to happen to you once. You are going to get your heart broken by a lot of different people in many different ways. But these heartbreaks are going to teach you valuable lessons that you need in life.
16. You are going to have to endure a lot of pain in life. You are going to have to carry a lot of emotional weight. However, it’s during these moments wherein you are going to discover your own strength. This is where you will learn just how strong you really are.
17. You are brave for accepting life’s uncertainties. Real growth happens outside of where you are comfortable. It’s commendable for you to be facing the unfamiliar and the scary.
18. Keep in mind that wherever your heart is, there also your treasure will be. And no heart has ever been killed in the pursuit of its dream.
19. A lot of what makes up life is learning to let go. And even though that can be sad, it’s okay. Think of it as a way of just opening up new doors to new aspects of life.
20. The best form of revenge is always going to be happiness and strength.
21. We are not always going to get the answers we want in life. However, we don’t really need answers to find closure.
22. You shouldn’t go looking for love too much. Love finds you eventually.