Is there really more meaning to a kiss?
Do you find yourself kissing people in your dreams?
Do you know what it means when you dream about kissing someone?
Are there any hidden messages or secrets in your dream?
Think about the person that you love most in the world. It might be your girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, husband, parent, sibling, son, daughter, or whatnot. When you love someone, think of the many ways that you express your feelings of affection towards that person. Do you hug them? Hold their hand? Kiss them? You likely give kisses to the people you love most in the world. If you have a lot of love in your life, then you’ve probably already done your fair share of kisses.
A kiss can mean many different things depending on the person you’re doing it with and what your culture might be. Some cultures in the world encourage two friends to kiss when they’re meeting for the first time. Some cultures believe in the magical effects of kissing and the power behind such an act. Think about the numerous fairy tales that have evil spells and curses being broken by the power of true love’s kiss.
Given that kissing can mean several different things in different contexts, what does it mean when you dream about kissing someone? Of course, you might not think that dreams have any real meaning. But in case you’re someone who does, then you can read on until the end of this article to find out about what a kiss in a dream really means.
The Simple Meanings Behind a Kiss
- Kissing someone on the lips can mean that you’re sealing a kind of vow or agreement with a person. You might be making a solemn promise with this individual in real life that carries heavy stakes, and it might even be a high-pressure situation.
- Things get a little more interesting or complicated whenever you kiss someone who is already in a relationship. It might be another person’s boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, or wife. Whenever this happens, it often means that you are sick of a current relationship that you’re in, and you want to get out of it yourself.
- Sometimes, you might find yourself in dreams wherein you’re kissing someone you don’t like. This is a message from the higher powers for you to be more cautious. This is a warning. This person may be trying to get you to do something that you don’t want to do in real life. Also, it’s possible that this certain activity is going to put you in harm’s way.
- There are times wherein you will dream about having a passionate French kiss with someone. When that happens, then it means that you’re keeping certain feelings about this person inside. It’s not necessarily feelings of love or admiration. However, these tend to be heavy feelings, and they really need to be addressed.
The Different People You Kiss in Your Dream
Depending on who you’re kissing in your dream, it’s a different message and secret every time. Here is a brief run-through of the hidden messages in dreams depending on the people you’re locking lips with.
- A Stranger. If you’re kissing a stranger, then that symbolizes a sense of unfulfillment in your life. It’s as if there is a missing piece in your life, and you’re just waiting for it to arrive. However, there is an added layer to this. If the stranger kisses you back, it could mean that you are the missing piece in your life after all. Look deeper within yourself to find what you’ve been looking for.
- Romantic Partner. If you’re kissing your romantic partner, then it means what you think it means. You love them terribly, and they have full ownership over your heart. This means that you have great admiration for them and that you are willing to do anything for them. Ultimately, it’s a good sign whenever you find yourself dreaming about your romantic partner, and you’re kissing them. It means that you’re in a good place in your relationship.
Where Did You Kiss Them?
- Hand. If you kiss a person on the hand, it means that you are staying very loyal to this person. You know that you would always have their back.
- Forehead. When you dream about kissing someone on the forehead, it means that you are worried about this person and you want to keep them safe and protected.
- Cheek. A kiss on someone’s cheek in your dream signifies that this person has some genuine feelings for you. It might be best for you to take the time to explore them greater in the real world.
Have you dreamt about kissing someone before? Talk to me in the comments below!