20 Things To Remember If You’ve Ever Had Your Heart Broken
Breakups are tough, but so are you!
A lot of us have been there before. Relationships don’t always work out the way that we want them to. We set our expectations a little higher than reality was willing to permit. We hoped a little too much. We believed a little too much. And in the end, we ended up getting our hearts broken. It’s a difficult aspect of life to deal with. Loss is such a devastating human experience that all of us have to go through in some shape or form. It is during these most troubling times wherein we must remember that life does go on and we must continue to live it the best way that we can.
We have to try to maintain our optimism and idealism despite the hardships. We must always try to persist in going about life with a positive outlook on things. We must always continue to believe in love no matter how hard it is. Our hearts may be heavy with sadness and our minds may be clouded with uncertainty. But we must always have faith that love and happiness will eventually find their way into our loves. They will somehow manage to make our lives meaningful and whole again. We can find the love and happiness that we deserve if only we are patient and determined enough.
So for now, just try to cope with your broken heart. Deal with your sadness constructively. Don’t fall into a hole of eternal despair. Try to see the light at the end of the tunnel and just know that you are going to get there eventually. Here are a things that you can keep in mind to help get you through a tough heartbreak.
1. Breakups are painful; but the pain is only temporary.
2. You have a whole life ahead of you. You shouldn’t be wasting time being sad over someone who isn’t going to matter to you in the future.
3. You have to look at your situation as a positive and not a negative. You didn’t lose someone you loved. You have gained an opportunity to find the love that you really deserve.
4. There are literally billions of other people in the world. You won’t have any problems finding love elsewhere.
5. As terrible as it feels to go through what you are going through now, you have to remember that the best is yet to come.
6. As with any tragedy or failure in life, you can always treat it as a learning experience. Grow and learn from it to become a better and wiser person.
7. Just because love didn’t work out for you the first time around doesn’t mean that it’s never going to work out for you in the future. A bad romantic experience in the past doesn’t invalidate the prospect of a happy relationship in the future.
8. Time is the best medicine and teacher for everyone. You might not feel okay right now, but you will eventually.
9. Take this as an opportunity to prove to yourself that you are strong enough to overcome difficult moments in life.
10. Know that you don’t have to rush into becoming okay. It’s okay to feel sad. Accept the sadness and allow yourself to be human.
11. Just because you fell in love with one person and it didn’t work out doesn’t mean that you’re not allowed to fall in love with another person ever again. Love isn’t the kind of experience that you only get to try out once.
12. Instead of trying so hard to find love, you can just sit back and relax. Let love find you this time around.
13. Don’t shy away from your emotions. Confront them. Embrace them. Let them be your driving force in however you want to move on from where you are right now.
14. Your life is a book. Currently, you are stuck in a sad chapter. Know that you always have the control to turn the page. The rest of your story that has yet to be written.
15. Getting your heart broken can be one of the most painful experiences you’re ever going to have to go through. But know that pain can be the best teacher that life can give us.
16. You’re not crazy for missing whoever it is who broke your heart. That’s perfectly normal.
17. Just remember that you don’t necessarily miss that person, you only miss the idea of having that person in your life.
18. Before you start diving into any new relationships, make sure that you let go of any baggage that you’re still carrying from previous relationships.
19. The world isn’t going to be kind and fair to you. It is a cruel and dark place. It isn’t going to stop turning just so you have the time to deal with your grief. You have to learn that early on. Just pick yourself up and remember that life goes on.
20. You can still be in love with the person who broke your heart, but that doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to move on from that love.
Talk to me
Do you agree with this? How did you go through your last breakup? Let me know in the comments below!