Okay. Here’s the actual truth of it all: in order for you to lose weight, you really have to exercise at least 3 times in a week and you must also adhere to a very strict and well-balanced diet. Don’t believe anyone who tells you that losing weight can be as easy as eating a simple superfood or taking some kind of pill.
The best things in life never come easily. And that includes health and wellness. You must always be willing to put in the hard work to ensure the integrity of your body’s overall physical wellness. You must always be willing to do everything necessary to promote your body’s health. And that means you need to exert some effort into your diet and exercise routine.
However, given those facts, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t a few little hacks here and there that you can use for yourself to actually make the weight loss process a little easier. One of the most amazing foods that can help you in your weight loss journey is ginger – particularly when you take it in the form of water.
Ginger water is actually one of the most important natural remedies that the human species has been using since the dawn of medical care and treatment. It is a very popular ingredient in Indian and Asian cuisine. And it has also been used for a lot of medicinal purposes due to the fact that it carries with it a lot of powerful healing properties.
Ginger is very much rich in a lot of vitamins and minerals. And according to Medical News Today, just 100 grams of fresh ginger root can contain the following nutritional values:
- 79 calories
- 17.86 g of carbohydrate
- 3.6 g of dietary fiber
- 3.57 g of protein
- 0 g of sugar
- 14 mg of sodium
- 1.15 g of iron
- 7.7 mg of vitamin C
- 33 mg of potassium
These are also some other nutrients that you will be able to find in ginger as well:
- vitamin B6
If you are interested in finding out about the health benefits of ginger, then here are just a few of them.
- Ginger can help in boosting a person’s immune system. When the human body gets a heathy and consistent dose of ginger, then their immune system is strengthened and improved significantly. This means that you would be less susceptible to viruses, bacteria, germs, and infections.
- Ginger is also known to help offer relief and remedy to join pain. Ginger actually possess a lot of powerful anti-inflammatory properties. And that means it can help fight against inflammation while also soothing any pain that you might feel in your joints.
- Ginger is known to improve the body’s overall blood circulation. Since the ginger root is rich in magnesium and potassium, it can dramatically aid in blood circulation. It can also help prevent the accumulation of cholesterol in the liver.
- Not only does ginger help prevent coughs and colds by strengthening your immune system; it also happens to help TREAT coughs and colds once you actually have them. They have very potent antibiotic and expectorant properties which enable them to have these qualities.
- Ginger is also used as a common treatment for any digestive issues that you might be having such as constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, and so much more. Ginger offers a lot of relief to anyone who might be experiencing abdominal pains.
- Ginger also happens to aid in nutrient absorption. It has the power to stimulate the release of pancreatic enzymes and so it ends up boosting the absorption of nutrients in the body. Ginger is also known to stimulate a person’s appetite.
How to prepare ginger water:
Prepare the following ingredients so that you can get started:
- 1 ginger root (cut into very thin slices)
- 1 and ½ liters of water
- Lemon juice (to taste)
Heat water until it comes to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add ginger and allow it to simmer for around 15 minutes. After that, remove the water from the heat and leave it to cool for a bit. Strain the water and add some lemon juice to taste. Drink a glass of ginger water in the morning just before you have your breakfast. And have another glass of ginger water at night before you have your dinner.