f you are a modern woman, then you probably already know just how difficult it is to navigate the dating world. You already know just how amazing love can be and that’s why you even bother to waste time and energy with terrible date experiences.
You know that if you stay patient and resilient enough, you are eventually going to find the person who is going to make everything worth it. You know that you are going to find the love that you think you really deserve; and you are going to be infinitely happy because of it.
However, the problem still persists that the road to finding love is never an easy one. The dating world sucks because it seems to be filled with so many immature men who make it a struggle for you. However, you also have to realize that you need to have the right mindset as you try your hand at dating as well.
The better philosophy that you have in your approach to dating, then the luckier you’re going to end up being. Here are a few lessons that you need to equip yourself with as you engage in dating.
1. Guys genuinely enjoy the thrill of the chase.
Most guys won’t want it too easily. Most guys will want to actually do anything that they can to feel like they earn your love. However, that doesn’t mean that you have to act cold and disinterested. You still have to give them a hint that you’re interested in them. But also, give them something to work for.
2. A lot of guys don’t just date one woman at a time.
He might be looking to date around while he’s dating you; and you should prepare yourself for that. It happens whether you like it or not. It should only ever really become an issue when the two of you start to get serious.
3. Dating apps can be a hit or miss – depending on who you are.
Don’t be so quick to dismiss dating apps. They work for some people. And you shouldn’t feel bad if you feel like you have to use one. It’s really a hit or miss. And you can’t judge yourself or others for resorting to the internet to find true love.
4. Men and women are more alike than most people would assume.
You should cut it with the whole gender gap. Yes, there are some inherent biological and cultural differences. But they aren’t always going to be as drastic as most people make them out to be. Men and woman are different to the same degree that you’re different with other women.
5. A lot of guys actually aren’t interested in having sex on the first date.
Don’t just automatically assume that he wants to get into your pants.
6. There are good men and there are bad men.
Not all men are going to be amazing. Not all men are complete douchebags. Not all men are incredibly boring. You should stop attaching stereotypes to men in general. It’s wrong. The world is such a vast place filled with a diverse group of people. All men have with them very unique and distinct qualities. And dating is all about getting to peel away the layers of their personalities.
7. It’s important that you stay true to yourself whenever you date someone.
Guys always respond well to sincere and genuine behavior. So you always have to make it a point to stay true to yourself whenever you date someone. You might be tempted to inflate your personality a little bit; and that’s okay, just as long as you still stay honest with who you really are on the inside. You shouldn’t be acting like someone you’re not.
8. It’s better to reserve real discussions for personal conversations than ones done over text messaging.
Text messaging is so impersonal. And while it can be convenient, there is still value in reserving serious conversations for face-to-face meetings.
9. Dating is a methodical process that requires time and dedication.
You’re never really going to find the love that you’re looking for after a single date; maybe not even after a few dates. You really have to dedicate a lot of time and effort into building a loving relationship with someone. After all, the best things in life never come easily.
10. No specific gender should automatically assume responsibility for paying the bill.
Offer to pay the bill if you want. Or at the very least, offer to split it. Men respond well to women who don’t automatically assume that they have to pay for everything just because they’re men.
11. It’s always best to approach first dates without any real or serious expectations.
A lot of women are going to make the mistake of just assuming too much the moment that they get asked out by someone that they like. However, that shouldn’t be a common practice. You don’t want to be setting yourself up for disappointment by assuming too much. Often, it’s better to go into these dates without any expectations.
Do you agree? Talk to me in the comments below!
Latest posts by Relationship Rules (see all)
- Discombobulated – 7 Signs You Have A Disorganized Personality - December 14, 2019
- Sapiosexual – 12 Signs You Get Turned On By Intelligence - December 8, 2019
- This Sunflower Necklace Is The Perfect Gift For Your Girlfriend - December 7, 2019