There are those of us who can spend an entire lifetime looking for that one person who we’re meant for; that one person who is finally going to show that what it truly feels like to fall in love for real. That’s the fairy-tale kind of love. That’s the kind of love that all of us will crave for in our lives. However, a vast majority of us aren’t going to be so lucky so as to find that person on the first try.
You are likely to have to go through a few rotten eggs before you find that one good one. Before you find that special person with whom you’re destined to spend the rest of your life, you’re going to have to date a lot of the wrong people. And that’s okay. You’re going to go through a few heartbreaks in the process but that is normal. Because once you do meet the person you’re truly meant to be with, it’s all going to be worth it. And this is what that is going to look like:
- You’re going to be with someone who is never going to give you a shortage of attention. You are always going to feel like you have someone who is ready to give you whatever attention you need. This is someone who is never going to disregard you or take you for granted. This is someone who will make a real effort to validate your existence.
- You are going to be with a person who is going to seriously commit to both you and your relationship. This is the one individual who won’t shy away from the hard work and effort that it will take to actually sustain this relationship. It definitely won’t be easy. But this is the kind of love that will have the kind of commitment that is built to endure.
- You are going to know what it really feels like to be loved by someone unconditionally and wholeheartedly. You will really get to experience love the way that it’s truly meant to be experienced. This isn’t someone who is going to be blind to your flaws, blemishes, and your weaknesses. Rather, this is someone who is going to love you in spite of them.
- You will really be cared for in this kind of relationship. You will be with someone who is going to put your own personal needs and the needs of the relationship above their own. This is a person who is always going to be looking out for your best interests and your personal well-being. They will always want to make your life as happy, fulfilled, and as comfortable as possible.
- This is someone who is really going to go all out when it comes to effort. You will really know what it means to have someone actually FIGHT for your love. There is no question that there is a long road ahead for the both of you. However, you are always going to find a way to power through whatever obstacle is placed in front of you.
- You are going to be able to resolve conflicts, arguments, and disagreements in a mature and respectful manner. This isn’t going to be the kind of relationship that has cyclical arguments. You are always going to find a way to meet each other halfway. You are always going to come to some kind of middle ground. Neither one of you is going to walk away from one another in the middle of the argument. Both of you will always be invested in fixing things.
- You are going to be in a relationship that will be full of vulnerability. But that’s really just how it is. That’s necessary for this relationship because there can never really be any true intimacy when there is no vulnerability. And the both of you are okay with being vulnerable with one another because neither of you would ever betray the other.
- You are going to know what it feels like to have someone who is genuinely proud of you. This is the person who is going to want to show you off to the whole world. You are going to have the kind of relationship that won’t just hide away in the shadows. Neither of you is going to be ashamed of one another.
- You are going to understand what it means to be part of a lifelong partnership with another person. You are going to have to make important decisions together. You are going to have to include one another in the planning process. Neither of you will shut the other out. Neither of you will act selfishly in your relationship.