We all have that one news story that we’ve witnessed when we were young, something that still remains in our minds today. A lot of stories are so major that forgetting about them, no matter how traumatizing, is nearly impossible.
Sharareh Drury, an editor at Variety, posted a tweet in 2021 – asking people about sharing their first major news story they saw as a child and still remember.
Her tweet went viral, receiving over 24k replies!
Here are 13 of the top responses.
1. One person remembers global cooling.
2. Major inaugurations will always make the list.
3. This person remembers what most of us still do.
4. A lot of scary stories also happened.
5. Important historical events.
6. Another important event in history.
7. This person remembers scary events from when they were 3.
8. Another person remembers one of the most momentous historical events.
9. The moon landing – the whole family watches together.
10. This person rememebers a huge resignation.
11. This person rememebers the King of Pop.
12. This person still recalls a scary moment.
13. Another person remembers the moon landing.
What News Story Do You Remember?
What news story did you watch as a child and still remember to this day? Share yours in the comments below!
Source: Sharareh Drury on Twitter